P J Davidson (UK) Limited: - Specialist slipform concrete contractor. We install slipform concrete: Vehicle safety barriers and drainage channels on motorways and trunk roads; CRCP: Continuously Reinforced Concrete Pavement; Tunnel track beds and walkways; PQ concrete for airfields, etc. We have a fleet of Gomaco and Wirtgen Pavers and the resources to operate 24/7. We have 4 of our own Mobile Concrete Batching Plants, we utilise Volumetric Mixers when logistics require. We are the UK's largest installer of Rigid Concrete Barrier.
Our founder Peter Davidson (Pictured right) started out in the concrete business in 1981. Since that time he has built up a very stable business with a multi-million pound turnover, successfully completing numerous challenging projects, accomplishing several notable achievements along the way, including:
In 2008 he hit the 1,000,000 linear meter (3,280,840 ft) mark for concrete slipforming in the UK. The paving milestone was reached on the M1 Motorway near London, between Junctions 6A and 10. Davidson was awarded the contract to slipform 32 kilometers (20 mi) of 900 millimeter (35.4 in) tall concrete vehicle restraint barrier (VRS), 28 kilometers (17.4 mi) of v-channel, and 3000 meters (9843 ft) of slot drain.
In 2005 we completed our part of the CTRL tunnel contract two months ahead of schedule. In less than six months, Peter Davidson and his crew had slipformed almost 47 miles (75 km) of tunnel rail bed and walkways. During one stretch of slipforming the track bed, the Paver ran 10.5 days straight, 24 hours a day without stopping. During that time, Peter Davidson's crew laid down 4.7 miles (7.5 km) of track bed covering the entire length of one tunnel.
P J Davidson (UK) Ltd’s credentials include:-
- Registered with BSI to BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems
- Registered with BSI to BS EN ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems
- Registered with BSI to OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems - including Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP)
- Our Concrete Batching facilities are Kitemark Licenced to BS EN 206 and BS 8500 by BSI
- Our Vehicle Restraint System: Davidson's Concrete Barrier (DCB) is CE Marked